Bleitz Funeral Home of Seattle

WHO WE ARE

Bleitz Funeral Home of Seattle

History

In 1904 Jacob Bleitz graduated from the Chicago College of Embalming in Chicago, Illinois. Shortly thereafter, Jacob settled in Seattle an began his career in funeral service.

 

Built in 1921, the Tudor-style funeral home is located at the cusp between the scenic Fremont and the elegant Queen Anne neighborhoods of Seattle. The City of Seattle considers the original building to meet the criteria of a historical landmark.

 

Bleitz donated its antique pipe organ through the Pipe Organ Foundation to Blessed Seelos Catholic Church in New Orleans’ Ninth Ward after Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.

 

Bleitz Funeral Home of Seattle